1878-1904 Morgan Silver Dollar VG-VF (Random Year)
1878-1904 Silver Morgan Dollar VG-VF
Dealer's Pick: the years may all be the same or vary. Also, these coins are in “VG-XF” condition and may display flaws.
Looking for Morgan silver dollars for sale? Any fan of silver dollars won’t want to pass up these 1878-1904 Morgan Silver Dollar VG-VF (Random Year) from Bullion Exchanges. The Morgan silver dollar is a historic coin program from the US Mint. Consisting of .7734 troy oz of .900 fine silver, these silver dollars are associated with the Nevada Comstock Lode and World War I. In Very Good to Very Fine condition, these coins carry numismatic and historic value on top of their high silver content. Gift this 1878-1904 Morgan Silver Dollar VG-VF (Random Year) to any coin collector today from Bullion Exchanges.
Morgan dollars debuted in 1878, put into the hands of the American people after the discovery of the Comstock Lode in Nevada. These US silver coins are a symbol of the effort it took to settle the West. Similar to the gold rush, the silver rush to Nevada helped develop the western side of the US. This silver discovery was so great that it left America with a silver surplus. To prevent the erosion of US currency, the country introduced the Coinage Act of 1873. This standardized the striking of US silver dollars and allowed the government to safely control the flow of silver into the economy. Thus, the Morgan dollar was created. Later, because of the Pittman Act, about 200,000,000 of these coins were melted down to support Great Britain's economy during WWI. Roughly half of its total mintage was lost. However, the act also mandated that these silver dollars be replaced after the war. Thus, the incredible Peace Silver Dollars succeeded the Morgan dollars in 1921.
The Morgan dollar's design was made by George T Morgan. He illustrated Lady Liberty on the obverse. She faces the left while wearing a Liberty Cap with the word “LIBERTY” inscribed on the ribbon. Her hair is decorated with two cotton blossoms and two heads of wheat to depict the agricultural heritage of America.
The Morgan dollar reverse features a realistic bald eagle with its wings spread wide. It holds arrows in one talon and an olive branch in the other to depict America’s preparedness and desire for peace. It is half-surrounded by a cereal wreath.
- Contains .7734 troy oz of .900 fine silver
- Dates will be chosen randomly based on our current availability
- Very Good to Very Fine condition
- Struck by the US Mint. Mint issues from Philadelphia (no mint mark), San Francisco (S), and/or New Orleans (O)
- Face value of $1 USD backed by the US government
- Individual coins come in protective plastic coin flips
- Obverse: Shows the George T Morgan illustration of a left-facing portrait of Lady Liberty with her Liberty Cap. Her cap is decorated with two heads of wheat and two cotton blossoms. Thirteen stars appear on the border to represent the original colonies. Inscriptions: “E PLURIBUS UNUM” and the year of mintage flank the main device on the top and bottom.
- Reverse: Features a majestic bald eagle with outstretched wings. The eagle clutches an olive branch and arrows in its talons to symbolize peace and preparedness. Inscriptions: “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “ONE DOLLAR,” and “IN GOD WE TRUST.”
Bullion Exchanges is happy to offer the historic 1878-1904 Morgan Silver Dollar VG-VF (Random Year). Any coin collector can enjoy the Morgan dollars for their silver and historic value. More Morgan silver dollars for sale with us include the 1878-1921 Morgan Silver Dollar Cull, 1921 Morgan Silver Dollar AU, and 1878-1904 Morgan Silver Dollar XF. After you place your order, we will safely package it and then have it delivered to you. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us. Our customer service team will be happy to assist you during our business hours.
“I've had multiple questions in the past and they were all answered thoroughly. I've had so much fun picking out what I want and there's always something new.”“Quick and easy with great selections” Thanks Bullion Exchanges for makig my PM buying Experience better than i imagined.(Posted on 11/20/2015)