Chinese 1/20 oz Gold Panda Proof/Unc (Random Year, Not Sealed)
As Low As $30.00 Over Spot Per Coin
China 1/20 oz Gold Panda Proof/Unc (Random Year, Not Sealed)
The word “Panda” immediately relates itself to China as they are a prominent part of the nation. The People’s Republic of China introduced the Gold Panda bullion coins in 1982. Similar to the Australian Gold Kangaroo Perth Mint Coin, the Chinese Gold Panda design on the reverse changes every year making them extremely collectible coins.
- Contains 1/20 troy ounce of .999 fine Gold.
- Proof/Uncirculated Condition.
- Obverse: Features a depiction of Temple of Heaven in the middle and is encircled by words “People’s Republic of China” on top and at the bottom year of mintage, all etched in Chinese characters.
- Reverse: Depicts a Panda portrait that changes annually. Inscriptions: Denomination, Content, Weight, and Purity.
- Face value from 1983-2000 5 Yuan. From 2001-Present 20 Yuan.
- The coins do not come in a mint-sealed plastic but they come in a Bullion Exchanges issued protective plastic coin flip.
- Minted from 1982-Present. Dates will be chosen randomly based on availability.
- Guaranteed by the People’s Bank of China.
Why Buy Chinese Gold Panda Bullion Coins?
- The Chinese Gold Panda are legal tender bullions of People’s Republic of China.
- Each coin is made of 24 Karat Gold which are much preferred by purists around the world.
- Offered in fraction sizes which makes it easier for investors with different budgets to purchase gold.
- One of the top five world bullion coins.
- These Chinese Gold Coins have low mintage compared to other world bullion coins.
Gold Pandas are among the few world bullion coins that feature an annually changing design.
The Chinese Gold Panda bullion coins are the official bullion coins of People’s Republic of China. They were first introduced in 1982 in four different sizes and they are the 1 oz, ½ oz, ¼ oz, and 1/10 oz sizes. These coins are made of 24 Karat gold coins. In 1983, 1/20 oz Gold Pandas were released. After some years, 5 oz and 12 oz Gold Pandas were released.
The Chinese Gold Panda has had different designs on the reverse since the inception. After the 2001 issue, the Chinese Government decided not to change the design which meant the following year featured the same design. However, due to protest from collectors, the government decided to go with its earlier routine of having a different reverse design each year.
These coins are produced at different reputed mints in China, which are the Beijing, Shenzhen, Shenyang, and Shanghai Mint. However, the Gold Pandas do not carry a mint mark to distinguish its origin unlike the bullions from the US Mints. There could be a minor variation in size of the wordings or design of the temple from one mint to the other.
Since the Giant Panda is a national symbol of China, it is easily relatable with China. Therefore the People’s Republic of China came out with a world bullion with annually changing Giant Panda designs on the reverse. From 1982 to 1986, a division of the China Mint Company produced the designs for the reverse. However, from 1987, this responsibility has been taken over by the China Gold Coin Incorporation.
The obverse however features the same design year after year, which is the Temple of Heaven in Beijing. This temple or Tiantan is a 273 Hectare large park in Beijing. The building illustrated on the obverse is the Hall of Prayer for Good Harvest present in the park which is the most important building in the park. The origin of the building dates back to 1420; the Ming Dynasty Period. It is believed that the Chinese Emperors came to the Temple of Heaven every year in spring (January) to pray for good harvest and prosperity of the nation.
Each size of the Gold Panda has been assigned a face value. 1/20 oz is 20 Yuan, 1/10 oz is 50 Yuan, ¼ oz is 100 Yuan, ½ oz is 200 Yuan, and 1 oz is 500 Yuan.
The Chinese Gold Panda is an extremely popular bullion in the world and it is easy to trade these coins as well as they have great price performance.
Bullion Exchanges is pleased to offer the China 1/20 oz Gold Panda Proof/Unc (Random Year, Not Sealed) at one of the most competitive prices in the industry.
Browse our vast collection of Chinese Gold Panda series now. Also check out our other collections of South African Krugerrands and American Gold Buffaloes. Feel free to contact us at 800-852-6884 if you have any questions in regards to any of our products.
I purchased from Bullion Exchanges several times mostly on Ebay now I am buying my coins from the their website. I found them to be very professional. I received my gold panda quicker than anticipated and it was packaged well with extra protection. I will keep expanding my collection with BullEX!!!(Posted on 7/9/2018)