2017 1/2 oz Silver Lunar Year of The Rooster BU Australian Perth Mint
2017 1/2 oz Silver Lunar Year of The Rooster BU Australian Perth Mint In Capsule
The 2017 1/2 oz Silver Lunar Year of The Rooster BU Coin is a 10th release in the popular Lunar Series II, produced by the Australian Perth Mint. Those who are born under the rooster sign are characterized as loyal, honest, hardworking, and sociable. This fantastic coin contains 1/2 troy ounce of .9999 pure silver and comes in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. Celebrate the year of the rooster with this striking 1/2 oz Silver Lunar Year of The Rooster Coin.
The Lunar II series was released as a result of the tremendous interest in the Lunar I series, started by the Perth Mint in 1999. The Lunar series became a highly desirable collection, and it has continued into 2020 with the release of the Year of the Mouse coins as a start of the third series.
The obverse displays the portrait of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II in the crown and royal jewels as designed by Ian Rank-Broadley.
This coin’s reverse illustration features a rooster, a hen and their three chicks standing amidst bamboo and floral foliage. Inscriptions include the Chinese kanji for “Rooster”, “Year of the Rooster”, and the Perth Mint mintmark.
- Made from .9999 fine silver with a weight of 1/2 ozt
- Legal tender coin backed by the Australian Government
- Face value of $0.50 AUD
- 10th issue in the popular Lunar II series
- Individual coins come in protective capsules, multiples of 20 arrive in shrink-wrapped plastic rolls, lots of 100 are shipped in mint boxes
- Obverse: Represents the profile portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, designed in 1998 by Ian Rank-Broadley. Inscriptions: “AUSTRALIA,” “ELIZABETH II,” and “2017” along with the weight and purity of the coin. Ian Rank-Broadley’s initials lie underneath Her Majesty’s effigy.
- Reverse: Features a rooster, a hen, and three chicks, engraved amidst bamboo and flower foliage. Inscriptions: “P” mintmark, “Year of the Rooster” and the Chinese kanji for “rooster.”
The Perth Mint’s renowned Chinese Lunar coin series is highly popular among collectors and investors alike. This 2017 1/2 oz Silver Lunar Year of The Rooster BU Coin is a great choice for a birthday gift and an excellent addition to your coin portfolio. For more Chinese zodiac coins, check out our selection of Perth Mint Lunar privy mark coins, including the 2018 1 oz Silver Lunar Year of The Dog Lion Privy and 2020 1 oz Silver Lunar Year of The Mouse / Rat Dragon Privy coins. For any questions, you can reach out to our customer service representatives and they’ll be happy to assist you.
This is a very nice coin! I like roosters so it was a must have for me. The delivery was prompt and the coin was arrived in a perfect condition. Thank you Bullion Exchanges.(Posted on 1/6/2017)
This year's Lunar coin from Perth Mint is absolutely stunning! The price is excellent and the coin came in just two days. BE - you are the best!(Posted on 12/18/2016)
Colleting Perth Mint Lunars for 3 years and I absolutely love this year's edition! Thanks Bullion Exchanges for prompt delivery and excellent price!(Posted on 12/15/2016)
Compared to APMEX or JM Bullion, I can always depend on Bullion Exchanges for the best prices on the high quality products they carry. Really fast delivery as well.(Posted on 12/14/2016)
Everywhere i went on line certain coins that i would be looking for were hard to find either out of stock or they don't carry. Bullion Exchanges always has what i need when i need it. This is my trusted precious ,metal dealer for life.(Posted on 12/14/2016)