The US Mint‘s annual Platinum and American Palladium Eagles have finally been stocked in Bullion Exchanges’ inventory! With these coins, you can really spread your wings in your investment portfolio and diversify. What is especially important about the 2020 Palladium Eagle is that it the first-ever Burnished Palladium Eagle and has a limited mintage of 10,000. This is the lowest mintage of all the American Palladium Eagles, making the 2020 Palladium Eagle an incredibly important piece. The 2020 Platinum Eagle is also available, and it is still struck with the highest purity of platinum.
2020 American Eagle Coins
If any year was important for the American Eagle coins as a whole, aside from when each coin began, 2020 would be it. In 2020, the American Eagles coins saw special Emergency Issue editions due to COVID-19, the upcoming release of the 75th Anniversary of the End of WWII Eagles, and now, the extremely limited American Palladium Eagles. Additionally, this is the last year for the same reverse design to be featured on the Silver and Gold American Eagles. We eagerly await the unveiling of the new reverse design.
For many conversation starters worth telling, the 2020 American Eagle coins offer endless opportunities. Wonderful for IRAs, collecting, or gifting, the American Eagles are wonderful investments for anyone who likes to invest in precious metals. The Gold and Silver Eagles coins debuted in 1986. Then, the Platinum Eagles followed after in 1997, and the American Palladium Eagles first surfaced in 2017.
Many have accumulated collections of the American Eagles coins. With varying sizes, finishes, and precious metals to choose from, you can find the right American Eagle coin yourself! Whether you are a novice or an expert, the American Eagles coins are an extremely investor-friendly choice. They are about to become even more appealing due to their brand new 2021 security features on the gold and silver editions. The Platinum and American Palladium Eagles will remain the same, however.
2020 Platinum Eagle Coins
The American Platinum Eagle coins are the first and only platinum coins struck by the US Mint. Made with one of the rarest precious metals on the planet, the American Platinum Eagles showcase the Statue of Liberty on the obverse. Every reverse design has an illustration of an American Eagle, hence the name “American Eagle coins”. The Platinum Eagle coins also have low mintages every year, which is why serious investors order their 2020 Platinum Eagle coins ASAP!
The 2020 Platinum Eagle coins continue to be struck with 1 troy ounce of .9995 fine platinum. 2020 marks the 18th year for the American Platinum Eagles.
- Made from .9995 fine platinum with a weight of 1 troy oz
- Produced by the U.S. Mint
- BU Condition
- Face value of $100
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint
- IRA Eligible
- Individual coins come in plastic flips. Lots of 20 come in mint-issued rolls and lots of 100 come in mint-issued boxes.
- Obverse: Features Lady Liberty looking straight ahead with “LIBERTY” inscribed above her, with additional inscriptions, including “IN GOD WE TRUST”, “E PLURIBUS UNUM”, and “2020”.
- Reverse: Displays the American bald eagle flying in front of a beautiful sunrise with “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” inscribed above. Other inscriptions include the weight, purity and face value of the coin.
2020 American Palladium Eagles
Investors covet the palladium bullion coins because one of the Earth’s rarest and most precious metals makes up these coins. Palladium is thirty times rarer than gold, but it is only slightly more common than rhodium. As one of the most impressive metals in the bullion industry, a Palladium Eagle will be a remarkable achievement for any American Eagle coin collection. Also, don’t forget, the 2020 Palladium Eagles have the lowest mintage so far of 10,000. Additionally, this is the first time the American Palladium Eagles arrive with a NEW Burnished finish.
- Low mintage of 10,000
- First-ever Burnished Palladium Eagle
- Made with .9995 fine palladium and weighs 1 troy ounce
- One troy ounce with a $25 face value
- Coins come in a mint-issued suede box and a Certificate of Authenticity (COA)
- Manufactured by the US Mint’s West Point facility
- Obverse: Liberty with a Phrygian (winged) cap. Inscriptions: “2020,” “LIBERTY,” “IN GOD WE TRUST”, and the West Point mintmark.
- Reverse: Mighty bald eagle with an olive branch. Inscriptions: “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “1 OZ” and “.9995 FINE.”
The US Mint
The US Mint’s mission is, according to its website, to “serve the American people by manufacturing and distributing circulating, precious metal and collectible coins and national medals, and providing security over assets entrusted to us.” Established in 1792, the US Mint is one of the oldest branches of the government, and it boasts capturing American history on coinage and medals. It is the sole manufacturer of American circulating coinage and special proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins. Many of the US Mint products are IRA-eligible, so trust the US Mint’s wide selection of American Eagles coins to finance your retirement!
ABOUT BULLION EXCHANGES
Bullion Exchanges is a trusted NYC precious metals retailer based in the Diamond District. Just a short walk from Times Square and Grand Central, and you can certainly visit our store! We are proud to carry a variety of products from the ever-popular gold and silver to the new market products such as platinum, palladium, and rhodium. We also have a trained numismatist on-site and are ready to offer our expertise to you. Whether you are buying or selling, you can trust Bullion Exchanges for your precious metals needs!