1878-1904 Silver Morgan Dollar VG-VF
1878-1904 Silver Morgan Dollar VG-VF
One of the most popular investment vehicles today is the Morgan Dollars. They are available at a very reasonable price, they have performed well as an investment in the past, and their design adds to the numismatic value. These coins were minted from 1878-1904 and for one last time in 1921. Purchase this coin for a great buy that won't fail you!
- Contains .7734 Troy Ounce of .900 fine Silver.
- Very Good - Very Fine Condition.
- Obverse: Left facing portrait of Lady Liberty wearing a Liberty Cap with the word “LIBERTY” inscribed on the ribbon. The cap is decorated with two heads of wheat and two cotton blossoms. 13 Stars representing the 13 original colonies, “E PLURIBUS UNUM” and Year of Mintage encircle the main device. A design by George T. Morgan.
- Reverse: Features the George T. Morgan design of a majestic bald eagle with outstretched wings clutching an olive branch and arrows in its talons to symbolize peace and preparedness. Inscriptions – “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “ONE DOLLAR,” and “IN GOD WE TRUST.”
- Minted from 1878-1904. Dates will be chosen randomly based on availability within the mentioned period.
- Mint issues from Philadelphia (no mint mark), San Francisco (S), and/or New Orleans (O).
- Individual coins come in protective plastic coin flips. Multiples of 20 come in protective plastic rolls.
Why Buy Silver Morgan Dollars?
- You will be holding a part of rich American heritage and the silver from the Wild West with this coin.
- It is easier to buy or sell these coins as they are well-recognized.
- The higher the grade of these coins, the higher their premium.
- The silver value has risen constantly over the past century, hence there is always value for silver.
- Morgan Dollars can server as a great heirloom or a gift for a special occasion.
They will add a lot of stability and also enhance the investment portfolio.
Morgan Dollars were the result of the Comstock Lode of silver in Nevada; one of the hugest finds of silver deposit in the entire world. This abundance of silver was threatening to bring down the price of the precious metal drastically and to prevent such an occurrence, the Bland-Allison Act was passed which required the United States Treasury to buy two-four million dollars worth of silver from these western miners and mint them into coins. This led to the need of introducing a new coin for circulation, and that is how Silver Morgan Dollars came into existence.
George T. Morgan, an English engraver from the British Royal Mint was hired by the Philadelphia Mint to design this coin. He acted as assistant to the chief engraver William E. Barber. Although the Mint Director, Henry P. Linderman had ordered both men to create the design for this piece he chose to use George T Morgan's which gave the coin its name.
He used Anna Willess Williams, a school teacher in Philadelphia, as his model for the designing of the Liberty image. The obverse features a beautiful left facing bust portrait of Lady Liberty wearing a Liberty Cap with the word “LIBERTY” inscribed on its ribbon. Her hair is also decorated with two cotton blossoms and two heads of wheat to depict the agricultural heritage of America. On the reverse, the coin features a realistic looking bald eagle with its wings wide spread and holding arrow in one talon and olive branch in the other to depict America’s preparedness and desire for peace.
The Silver Morgan Dollars are perfect for both investors, containing 90% silver content, and collectors because of their vintage appeal making this coin the best option.
Bullion Exchanges is pleased to offer you the 1878-1904 Morgan Silver Dollar VG-VF at one of the most competitive prices in the industry.
Browse our vast collection of Silver Morgan Dollars and other US silver coins, and feel free to contact us at 800-852-6884 if you have any questions in regards to any of our products.
“I've had multiple questions in the past and they were all answered thoroughly. I've had so much fun picking out what I want and there's always something new.”“Quick and easy with great selections” Thanks Bullion Exchanges for makig my PM buying Experience better than i imagined.(Posted on 11/20/2015)